Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun in the Sun & a Treat in the heat

I finally threw Kaycee's birthday party. I guess how they always say, better late than never. She was pretty whiny a few times but who could blame her. She gets overwhelmed with large groups but she also got hit in the face with a fast moving bat (right between the eyes), knocked over and stepped into a patch of stinging-netal with bare feet, not to mention is was pretty darn hot today. It was so hot that the ice cream was soft and already melting straight out of the freezer from our door one apartment building over.

Kaycee seemed to have a blast and so did the rest of the kids even though the pool wouldn't work very well because the water pressure wasn't high enough and the heat. Thank goodness for Tarah and Dan. They brought down their black tub and we hooked up our Nemo sprinkler. I think the flat pool, the tub and Nemo were just as fun for the kids. The ponies were a big hit. They had to be, they were so cute. It was worth the long night making and embroidering the handkerchiefs. (Oh, the best part of it, it was a great excuse to get me a serger!)

A few of our good friends came back over for a little BBQ and some WII. Kaycee had fun playing with her friends again, this time a much smaller group out of the sun. Though our apartment is so hot from lack of central air.

I'm glad we threw her a birthday party. She had fun filling the goody bags and especially making the cow cake. She was excited to have a barn animal theme birthday and buying all the fun stuff.

Oh, I have to add that Kayden was such a sweet little guy and let Kaycee have a great party. He just chilled in his car seat on the lawn without crying to be fed. After it was all over and cleaned up he got fussy and I realized that he went a whole 4 hours without eating. A record!








The kids liked hitting the ball. They didn't quite get the jist of playing the game and running the bases. This is how Kayc got hit between the eyes. She was gathering the balls for me and someone swung when they were not suppose to and hit her right in the face.



I didn't get pictures of the chicken toss. Tarah let me borrow her bean bag toss board and I would call two at a time over and they would ride their horses over and help gather up the chickens and then throw them in the holes. I think they had fun.


The best part for Kaycee though was the cake and ice cream and opening her presents.







3 comments:

NicKim Family said...

The cake is A-DOR-ABLE!! I love it! You did such a great job on the birthday party, but that isn't too surprising! You always go above and beyond and make everything you touch beautiful! I wish we could have come! If it weren't for my Mom coming to town last minute we wouldn't have missed! It looks like so much fun!!!

The Dunn's said...

Hey there Bott family!! We love looking at blogs. We have found so many people from EC. It has been a long time. If you are ever in Cedar look us up.

Mel Bernard said...

Aren't birthday parties so fun (and lots of work)
Your kids are sooo cute!!
I want to go to the bott spot but it won't let me????