Jeniel called and invited Kaycee to Morgan's birthday party this morning. It was at 2pm, but I had a meeting with our apartment manager so I was going to take her late. Jeniel said to drop her off but I was a little nervous about leaving her, she is only 2 1/2, and my meeting was at 2pm. We saw Tarah outside and she asked me if I wanted her to take Kaycee with Kember. She had a meeting too and was going to drop Kember off and offered to take Kaycee. I was a little hesitant but said "sure". I worried the whole time, after all she gets hysterical when mom or dad aren't around, but I thought it was a good opportunity for her to go by herself, well, with a friend, without mom or dad. Tarah dropped them off and I picked them up.
The party went from 2-4pm. After the meeting was over I was going to go early and check on her. Then I decided to do a couple of errands to give her a little bit longer to enjoy the party. I knew the minute I showed up she would have to put on a huge production. And YES, she did. The minute I pulled up and walked over to get her and Kember the tears began to pour. Jeniel said that she did very well and didn't start crying until I walked up. Silly girl! Kaycee and Kember talked all about the party and the games they played all the way home. Kaycee was so excited that Tarah took her with Kember to the party in their car and mommy picked them up.
When we got home she went through each of the games they played, Red Rover, Ring-around-the-Rosie's, Red Light, Green Light...with each game explanation she had to show me what they did. It was too cute. She couldn't remember all of the words and would put her own words in with the tune. What a big girl!
I didn't have any pictures of her at the party but this is one of her leaving the house to go shopping for Morgan's birthday present.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Kaycee's First Big Girl Party
Posted by The Bott Family at 6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment