When we were in Castle Dale over Christmas break Kaycee was climbing on a little stool and fell. She was upset and a little hurt and her grandma said something like, "oh what a stupid chair," and gave it a little pat to help calm Kaycee down. I'm sure I would have done the same thing. WELL, she took the little stool into her grandma's bedroom, slapped it and said, "stupid chair, no" and slammed the door behind her leaving the chair in the room. WOW! That was a side of her I had never seen. I talked to her about how we don't hit and how we shouldn't say that word. Every once in awhile she would say or we would catch ourselves saying it and correct it. None of us realized how much we said "stupid" until this incident.
Since the break I have said it a couple times and caught myself, but most the time she hears first and will follow along and say it and laugh. So I taught her that when mommy says this word she should say, "no mommy, that is not a nice word." AND she does. She catches me ALL of the time. (What did I start?) Isaac says that I say it too much, well too much for Kaycee. So, today he said it and Kaycee scolded him. We don't realize we say it until Kaycee says something. She listens pretty good to. I told her to correct us and now she does. I will however put a stop to it when she corrects us just to be correcting us, or she corrects someone else.
Anyway, we were eating dinner and Isaac was talking about having too many "silly" tests or something and Kaycee stopped him and said, "dad, no. Not a nice word." Finally, he got caught by the very observant little girl. She wont hear anything else we tell her but boy she catches us when we say something we are not suppose to.
Monday, February 18, 2008
My Very Observant Child
Posted by The Bott Family at 6:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Kember has never corrected us like that, but I am surprised what she says when she's playing by herself...I must scold her alot.
lol...that's funny that she corrects you. And yeah, you totally don't realize what you're saying until it's said back... We were at Library time the other day and in one of the books that was read a sister says to her little sister, "You are so dumb!" Brooklyn decides to shout out, "DUMB!!" Sigh....
Post a Comment