Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Circle Booboo



So, we were all sick on Sunday but I went to Relief Soceity and left Kaycee with Isaac. She wanted to go to church but she had a bad cough and runny nose. I should have taken her. It all started when Isaac had an EMPTY Dust-Off can and was spraying her stomach on Saturday morning. She thought it was funny and kept asking him to do it again. Let me remind you that it was empty.

Saturday afternoon we went to Costco, and he bought more spray. On Sunday he was letting Kaycee help him spray off the computer keyboard and she asked him to spray her and what do you think he did....Yep! He did it and called frantic and called the hospital. I didn't get the call, I was in church. So he had to take care of it all by himself. She was in a lot of pain. I felt really bad for both of them. When I got home she had to tell me all about her "cricle booboo." She still has marks from it.

After calling the hospital and searching the the Dust-Off website for some advice he found that it really isn't than uncommon. I guess a lot of people spray each other or themselves with it not thinking that it is compressed air and can cause frost bite! For those of you who read this post...it isn't so fun. It has been a couple days now and she still has markings from it. I'm sure you'll hear all about it from Kaycee so I thought I would show you what her "circle booboo" looks like after a couple of days. It looks a lot better, but not so good.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Dear!That must have been a really frightening experience for both of them. Dustin And I were just talking about how we need to buy some Dust-off too. I will keep this in mind and hide it high in the sky because I could totally see Dustin making the same mistake with Maleha. Poor Kaycee.But atleast She seems to proud of her circle boo-boo. What a strong Dust-off survivor!

Lacey said...

So sad! When you told me about it I didn't realize it was such a big mark. I bet he felt so aweful! Well, I always say that if kids can survive their parents they can survive anything. I think that applies here!

The Kay Family said...

Oh man, that really is an ouchie!! I hope that she is healing well. Don't you feel awful when something like that happens?!? I am always scratching and bumping my kids on accident and every time I feel horrible (especially if it leaves a mark!) Hope she has a quick recovery!