Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Miley Cyrus in SLC!


Kaycee's first concert!
We took Kaycee on a daddy/mommy date. We kept the concert a surprise until we got to the arena. Everyday she has talked about Hannah Montana coming to Utah and how she wanted to go to the concert, so when we told her I expected squealing or something. She was like, "oh." That was it? I think she was in shock because when we got inside and it started she started to cry with tears coming down her face, "i want to see Hannah Montana." She couldn't see that it was Miley singing. After a song or two she realized who it was and got really excited for it. It was fun to go to a concert with her. I guess Isaac did good. I was pretty upset at first when he bought them. I felt better about it after I heard Kaycee get excited about it when her cousin Alexis told her Miley was coming to town, but I was still annoyed, but it was actually really fun to see Kaycee excited and Miley put on a pretty entertaining show. And we had AWESOME seats, 10th row, on the floor! When we got to the Energy Solutions Stadium the first thing we saw was 16 semi-trucks and 4-6 tour buses parked at the side. CrAzY! They really knew how to put on a show, however, there were so many young girls, moms, aunts, even boys and men talking about how she is such a great role model and how they LOVED her. Even though it was fun no one, especially Miley, will be a role model for our little girl. That will NOT happen in our home. She is entertaining and fun to listen to and watch but she or any other celeb will never be a role model and we will never encourage it.

The opening band was Metro Station, Miley's brother Trace and Mitchel Musso's brother Steven (I think were there names). Trace is tattoo city. Not what you expect. Miley was not an innocent little tike herself. I do have to say they were both entertaining. Miley was sick and in the middle of the second song, Ten Things I Hate About You, she ran off stage and her backup singers finished it. About 10 minutes later she came back out and gave a good show. During her last song though she threw up on stage, discreetly. Poor thing.





































2 comments:

things we love... said...

Holy cow how fun! It looks like Daddy over there is quite enjoying himself also!!!! We really need to get together sometime!!!

Katy said...

Glad that you guys had fun! Looks like you were able to get a lot of great photos too!