We went to Spring Lake with Sam and McCall yesterday. It was nice to get outside and have some fun. It was a nice day, not too hot. Kaycee had a blast. Isaac took her fishing, they didn't catch anything but she had her fun of throwing out the line and bringing it back in. Sam and McCall made dutch oven chicken and potato's (which was really good). While it was cooking Kaycee asked Sam, "Tam why are you cooking rocks?" It was so funny. Things we don't think of as adults.
Oh, did I mention she fell in the fire. She was moving her camp chair talking to someone (I can't even remember who it was) but she was walking backwards. I went to tell her to watch where she was going when she hit the rim of the pit and fell in. Luckily McCall was walking by at the same time and grabbed her and thankfully it was dutch oven and it wasn't an actual fire just REALLY HOT coals. Kaycee has a few blisters on her thigh and tush and a burn mark on her forearm from trying to pull herself out. McCall thought quick and pulled off her pants to stop the burn, thank goodness or it could have been a lot worse. My clumsy daughter; like mother like daughter though.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Eating Rocks?
Posted by The Bott Family at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
It's crazy how much alike our daughters are. Maybe it's that there the same age, who knows, but every time you write a post, I could have wrote the same about Shelby. LOL!!! I hope her burns get better. Poor thing. Shelby hasn't done that but she's pretty clumsy.
Hope the burns weren't too bad, poor thing. That would have been scary!!
Post a Comment