Thursday, January 08, 2009

Cavity Free







We finally got Kaycee back to Spokane to fix her cavity and get fillings on her teeth. She did so well, well some of it. We had to leave here by 7:30AM but was running a little behind. The wind was strong and rain was falling like crazy. We had to get there early so she could drink some medicine that made her drowsy. I was watching her the whole time and it didn't seem to affect her. I thought that it was strange. I turned to grab some stuff so I could sit by her and play but as I turned the dizziness hit her and she fell to the ground. It was hilarious, sad but funny. She got up and her eyes were glossy. She was like "what happened to me? I'm dizzy." I tried to get her to lay down and watch a movie but she wanted to play. When she is tired she gets so stubborn. Finally with the nurses help we were able to convince her to lay down and watch Sleeping Beauty. A few minutes into it she decided she wanted to play. She would try to get up and kept falling. I kept trying to hold her but she would pull away so they brought her into the back to give her gas and get her ready. She fought the sleepiness there too. She is a tough cookie. Finally she was out and they filled her baby teeth and fixed her cavity. The minute she woke up, well kind of woke up, she was in a fighting mood. She wanted to watch the movie and wouldn't take no for an answer. She had no idea what had happened. She wanted to go back into the dentists office. They said that it happens often. It is pretty funny. Annoying at the same time. But she is now cavity free and back to my normal little sweety. She is still so tired though but calm! Well, Kaycee calm.

Dr. Moffit and his staff were wonderful. They are so good and nice. Kaycee didn't want to leave today and says that she can't wait to go back to the dentist. Thanks Heidi!

2 comments:

Katy said...

When we got Domenic's done, he has anti-anxiety meds before we got there. He went to get out of the car and I said "wait, let me help you." "Why mommmmmm" he managed befoer he faltered like a drunk. "That's why!" I said with a laugh.

The Kay Family said...

What a brave girl!! Leah needs to (maybe) get a cavity filled but I was scared away when they said she'd have to be strapped to a papoose board (yes at 4.5 years old!) and that I'd have to bring another adult with me and no other kids. . . well that just ain't going to happen!! I am glad that Kaycee did so good, and didn't want to leave. . . that is so funny!!