Monday, May 12, 2008

Big Sister!



Kaycee is such a great big sister. She is always concerned about her baby brother, if he is happy, sad, grumpy, she always wants to make him feel good. There have been a couple of times I have left him sleeping in his bouncer in the living room while I went to do something. Then I remember that I left him in there and Kaycee is in the living room. When I go running in with fear I see her sitting next to him, keeping her distance, rubbing his hair and reading books, singing, or watching television with him. Then she turns to me and says, "baby was sad so I...whatever she did...with him and now he is happy." It is too cute. She tells me that babies, poop, eat milk, cry, sleep, don't talk, and poop. What a wise little girl.

Today after I fed him he was a little squirmy but Kaycee wanted to hold him. I placed him in her arms and he stopped wiggling and stared at her for the longest time and went to sleep with a this angelic look on his face. He LOVES his big sister. It was the sweetest thing. I thought "oh, a coincidence." I took him to put him in his bed and she cried because she wanted to still hold him, he woke up and was grumpy so I put him back in her arms. Nope, not a coincidence. He grinned and fell back to sleep. How sweet!

3 comments:

Tarah said...

Oh, that is so cute! She is going to be a great big sister.

Mel Bernard said...

Hey Mel!!! Congrats!! I am so happy for you. Your blog is SO cute. New baby is too. I think it's so sweet how much they love each other.

worth reading said...

Hi Melanie :)That is so sweet of Kaycee, I'm a consistently surprised at how much a help Seth is with Levi and I'm sure you're finding the same thing with Kaycee! She seems like a very good big sis :)