Today Jena came to our house to play. I watch Jena on Thursdays for 6 hours while Lacey is at school and then Lacey watches Kaycee on Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours each so I can study and do homework. It has been so nice. I get so much studying done. I think it has been really good for Kaycee to get out and do something with someone else besides mom all of the time. I think she does better with sharing then when she is not in her own territory.
So, for lunch and activities we have themes. A few of my favorites have been when we made octopus pictures with their hands and ate octopus in seaweed (hotdogs and ramen noodles) and pizza day. I cut out shapes for toppings on the pizza and we made pizzas and ate mini pizzas. Well, today we had peanut butter and jelly cut into shapes. I haven't had PB and J's for ever. I think they are my new favorite food. We used cookie cutters and made butterflies, flowers, and bunnies. I had a ton of fun. I am pretty sure they enjoyed them too. They each ate several sandwhiches themselves.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
PB and J Day
Posted by The Bott Family at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
So creative Melanie!! It looks like the kids really eat good too, when the food looks so fun. What a great idea!
Holy Cow! You put that much time and effort into lunch...wow, i'm a little ashamed of myself. Sounds like lots of fun though.
You are so cute Melanie! What a fun and creative twist to lunch. Sure looks more fun that just another bowl of mac 'n cheese!
Hey Melanie - I tagged you. You are so creative! I am going to have to ask you for ideas when Cody gets big enough to enjoy them! I love the octopus.
I love it! You are much more creative than I am! No wonder Jenna loves your house! Such cute girls, and great pics!
Hey I found you! Your page is sooo cute! How do you add clip art? And Kaycee is getting sooo huge!
lunchtime at your house sounds like fun! I agree with Tarah, I fell a bit ashamed as well!
I wasn't sure where to respond to your comment, so I am doing so here.
My chart says a boy, and we are hoping it is correct!! Although secretly I would be thrilled with a girl as well!!
This pregnancy is sooo very different from my last, but it will all be worth it in the end! And yes, I too think I am done after this one!!
Post a Comment